Associate Public Health Director – Temp to Hire position – Monday, Thursday 8am to 4:30pm Tuesday 7am – 4:30pm, Wednesday 7am – 7pm, Friday 7am-4pm.
The Associate Public Health Director will assist the Executive Director with health department operations and will assume responsibility for health department operations in the absence of the Health Director. Responsibilities include overseeing staff and programs as assigned, developing, and implementing health department services and programs, developing relationships, and working with external partners/agencies/organizations, help assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, contribute to the creation of grant proposals and budgets, and obtain and maintain knowledge related to public health practices. Associate Public Health Director must comply with all personnel polices of that agency.
- Provide daily oversight and supervision of staff and their respective programs as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance pertaining to the respective agency programs.
- Assure reports and other required program documents are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner according to program specifications.
- Work with the Manger of Operations and Executive Director to assure up-to-date budget accuracy for assigned programs, appropriate usage of funds, and adequate documentation of monies.
- Assist in recruitment, screening and hiring of staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for assigned staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assure proper documentation regarding employees is submitted to Manger of Operations for personnel files.
- Communicate directly to the Executive Director on a regular basis any issues or concerns.
- As a member of the 3RPHD administrative team, participate in administrative decision making and administrative meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
- Provide staff training or other presentations as requested.
- Assist in program development, implementation, planning and evaluation.
- Fulfill scheduling requirements for assigned staff.
- Develop and promote “big picture” vision to facilitate public health growth and expansion of the agency services.
- Search for funding opportunities and coordinate the development of grant proposals and other funding contracts/documents.
- Attend required meetings and trainings, as directed.
- Required participation in an emergency on-call rotation.
- Required to be available via cellular phone when outside of the office for work-related emergencies.
- Compliance with all 3RPHD policies and procedures.
- Present submissions for posting on the department’s website and other social media accounts, i.e. Facebook and Twitter as needed.
- Active participation in assigned internal staff committees, e.g. Training, Wellness, Safety or Event.
- Participate in performance management and quality improvement (QI) activities and sustain a culture of QI within 3RPHD.
- Abidance with fiscal policies, i.e. tax exemption protocols, purchasing, travel expenditures, etc.
- Complete performance reviews in a timely manner as requested.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends when needed.
- Represent 3RPHD in a professional manner when out in the community in a variety of settings.
- Responsible to respond to emergency situations 24/7 as they arise within the service area and department as directed by supervisor and/or health director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience leading a comprehensive public health agency with complex program and funding considerations.
- A Master’s level prepared professional in a public health related field.
- Experience in supervisory and administrative practices.
- Experienced in community planning, program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience in grant writing and grants management.
- Public speaking experience: ability to write and speak effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications and data base applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, printers, copiers, scanners, calculators, facsimile machines and telephone systems.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of personal driver’s insurance required. Ability to utilize own transportation for work purposes.
- Ability to travel within the 3RPHD three county service area and further distances on occasion.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups in the public sector and demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written skills highly desired.
Job Order 86:98
Position requires Pre-Employment Drug Screen.