Reefer Mechanic – Temp to Hire position – Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm – Some weekends may be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all functions in accordance with operation and safety guidelines
- Follow the Institute of International Container Lessors (IICL) guidelines as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), to assure the safe operating condition of each Reefer equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on refrigeration units and Gen-Set electrical systems to ensure peak performance, safety, and longevity of the equipment using a variety of hand and power tools, including electric meters.
- Maintain records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions in hand held computer
- Perform pre-trip inspections on Reefer Containers and Gen-Sets, and chassis using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment to ensure they are in good condition before operating
- Monitor and record the temperature of the reefer loads to ensure temperature remains as specified
- Mount and dismount Gen-Sets to chassis
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times by cleaning, organizing, removing safety hazards, oil spills, spare parts, etc.
- Fuel gen-sets
- Maintain awareness of surroundings (i.e. vehicles, people checking equipment, etc.) at all times
- Maintain weekly inventory of units
- Wash and clean Gensets and Reefer Equipment as needed
- Operate material handling equipment (9K forklift) to transport Genset and Power Packs to and from the service area as needed
- Operate yard truck throughout the terminal when performing oil change on Gen-Sets and Power Packs
- Perform road ability chassis inspections for FHWA compliance
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience repairing and maintaining mechanical engines (Gensets) or one (1) year of experience on industrial refrigeration or container refrigeration
- Refrigeration or HVAC certification preferred
- Must have knowledge Troubleshooting Electrical Alternating Current (AC) & Direct Current (DC)
- Must have the ability to analyze and understand Schematics and Wiring Diagrams
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak Intermediate English
- Must have the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
- Must have the ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions.
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) extended hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is continuously required to grasp, exercise repetitive wrist motion, and finger movement
- The employee is continuously required to talk and hear
- The employee is continuously required to stand and walk
- The employee is occasionally required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, forward bend, squat, twist, pinch, and reach forward
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 55 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crawl, reach overhead, exercise repetitive foot motion, and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Outdoors, exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration with use of hydraulic seating system
Job Order 409:2
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.