Executive Chef – Temp to Hire – Hours based on scheduled Events
- Hires, trains and supervises and evaluates the work of all staff in the food production departments including dish washing
- Plans menus (with Food and Beverage Director and GM) for all food outlets in the club
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Responsible for specifying new/used equipment and sourcing when needed
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Consults with the banquet function manager about food production aspects of special events being planned
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Interacts with applicable food and beverage managers to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests
- Plans and manages the employee meal program
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology
- Recruits and makes selection decisions; evaluates job performance of kitchen staff; corrects, rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner
- Recommends compensation rates/increases for kitchen staff
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Motivates and develops staff including cross-training and promotion of personnel
- Periodically visits dining area.
- Hosts taste panels to assess feasibility of proposed menu items
- Undertakes special projects as assigned by the General Manager
- Adheres to the mission statement
Job Order 412:2
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.