Assistant Cook – Temp to Hire position – Monday through Sunday – 6:0am to 7:30pm – Hours will vary and very flexible hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Please note: This in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of certain duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate).
- Possess, maintain, and use a practical knowledge base regarding issues and regulations affecting the campus and Culinary Services department as well as the individual residents/tenants.
- Perform all work assignments and/or work schedules as instructed by supervisor in accordance with established policies and procedures including, but not limited to Safety, Infection Control, Culinary Services, Personnel, Resident/Tenant Rights including confidentiality and grievances, Abuse and Neglect, and HIPAA. Ask for clarification as needed and report any concerns regarding standard of practice of other staff members immediately to their supervisor. These duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the Culinary Services production line to assure meals and snacks are prepared within established time frames and campus guidelines.
- Preparing food according to planned menus, recipes, and within proper temperatures.
- Serving food including, but not limited to setting trays/tables with appropriate eating utensils, napkins, condiments, and menu items according to diet and portion size, and serving the trays to residents/tenants/nursing staff as assigned.
- Meal clean-up including, but not limited to collecting dirty dishes to dishwashing area, cleaning/sanitizing work areas and machines, and collecting and placing garbage/trash in designated containers.
- Store food in appropriate, dated containers and for appropriate lengths of time, keeping storage areas neat and orderly.
- Monitoring inventory for additional needs and/or excess inventory.
- Ensure kitchen, dining, and working areas are clean and neat including by performing the assigned/scheduled cleaning schedules and/or sanitation checks as assigned.
- Monitor resident/tenants and report any problems, changes, or concerns to the Charge Nurse/person and/or the Director of Culinary Services including, but not limited to diet orders, dietary intake, physical, emotional, and cognition status.
- Report any concerns voiced by residents/tenants and their families immediately.
- Communicate closely with the Director of Culinary Services regarding the Culinary Services Department.
- Document all entries accurately and completely as assigned such as cleaning schedules and/or meal intakes per campus policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Order 419-1
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.