Assembly – Temp to Hire position – Monday through Friday – 3:00 pm to 11:00pm – possible overtime
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform diversified assembly and test operations to assemble repetitive product mix with prescribed variations, to close tolerances and strict inspection requirements.
- Complete skilled fitting of parts, sub-assemblies, and related units.
- Complete aligning, adjusting and required secondary machining.
- Work from complicated assembly drawings and specifications.
- Complete prescribed functional and dimensional checks.
- Set-up and operate with occasional minor assistance test stand equipment.
- Produce quality assemblies and attain a working knowledge of possible defects or malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Maintain or exceed the approved rate of production.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record, acceptable overall work record, and purchase the required tools for the classification.
- Train lower labor grade operators and operators with lesser experience, as necessary.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions per established processes.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform light preventative maintenance and housekeeping duties for areas and equipment in assigned work center.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the Supervision or Management.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform effectively, a variety of production duties including test stand set-up and changeover, build sub-assemblies, build pumps and testing of product line in classification.
- Ability to work independently, exhibit the ability to solve problems without assistance and demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Capable of reading and interpreting all assembly drawings, assembly processes, bills of material and test specifications in the complexity required for the classification.
- Must have proven mechanical, clerical, and mathematical abilities necessary for safe test stand operation and accurate recording of test data.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to standardized safety policies and operating practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of precision test equipment, measuring instruments and gauging devices.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform inspection and testing and adhere to production and quality standards and drawing specification of final and sub-assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot quality, product, or production issues and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Requires a moderate degree of skill and assembling technique.
- Experience and knowledge of basic mechanical principles, testing procedures, basic hydraulics.
- High School Diploma or GED, with above average mechanical ability.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow processes, procedures, and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with coworkers, supervision, and management.
- Must be able to meet physical demands, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift
Job Order 22:47
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.