CNC Operator – Temp to Hire – GREAT BENEFITS – 1st and 2nd shifts available – possible Saturday/Overtime
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up, check routine programs and operate automatic or semi-automatic numerically controlled machine tools and/or CNC machining equipment, to perform standard or repetitive sequences of operations, to meet close tolerance and finish requirements.
- Work from instructions defining in detail tooling application and coding, fixture and machine arrangements and console settings.
- Mount and secure tooling in rack, magazine or turret; align and secure fixtures, patterns and work piece and check to establish reference points.
- Set stops and machine travel.
- Download or manually input machining programs and correlate machine position with controls.
- Manually cycle machine to check tooling, fixture, and/or work alignment, clearances, stops, etc. to program specifications, make adjustments to bring tolerances and finish requirements to specifications or note and report variations in program sequence, positioning, cycle time, etc. to Supervision or Engineering.
- Under supervision, assist with prove-out of program for new work or critical variations.
- May recommend tooling arrangements, fixtures, operation sequence, etc.
- May make setups for and instruct operators of lower classification or lesser experience.
- Work from part drawings and specifications. Produce quality parts within blueprint tolerance.
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments and perform inspection and work measurement.
- Maintain or exceed the approved rate of production.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record, acceptable overall work record, and purchase the required tools for the classification.
- Train operators with lesser experience as necessary.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions per established processes.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform light preventative maintenance and housekeeping duties for areas and equipment in assigned work center.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the Supervision or Management.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, exhibit the ability to solve problems without assistance and demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have proven mechanical, clerical and mathematical abilities necessary for safe equipment operation and accurate recording of data.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to standardized safety policies and operating practices.
- General Safety
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14000
- Applicable FOP’s
- Current Fork Truck certification
- Affected employee lock out tag out training
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses
- Steel toe shoes
- May require other PPE, such as gloves, goggles, shields, aprons, etc, while performing specific tasks
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work performed in a non air conditioned shop environment.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Standing entire shift.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bending and stooping throughout shift.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as hoist, positioners, pallet jacks, fork trucks, etc.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull materials and equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to operate three or more CNC turning centers or CNC machining centers, involving recognized tool and fixture applications, and proven program format.
- Demonstrated ability adhere to quality standards, job specifications, and perform basic prescribed inspections using a variety of measurement gages and testing equipment.
- General knowledge of machine shop practices and techniques, machine operation and tooling, as acquired through experience plus additional training on numerically controlled machines tools or CNC machining equipment and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to make set-ups and tool adjustments on general equipment.
- Three years machining experience or equivalent.
- Three years CNC operation experience or educational equivalent.
- Hands on or written test may be given to demonstrate proficiency.
- May be required to successfully complete a CNC training program.
- High School Diploma or GED, with above average mechanical ability.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow processes, procedures and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with coworkers, supervision, and management.
- Must be able to meet physical demands, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift.
Job Order 22:48
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.