Shipping and Receiving – Temp to hire – Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm – possible overtime
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Verify order specifications, pull orders, move materials, package materials, process shipping documentation, and other activities to prepare product for shipment.
- Perform material transactions, confirm and carry out shipping instructions within quality standards.
- Maintain inventory supermarkets, and controlling transactions of material leaving supermarkets, and reporting variances.
- Maintain or exceed the approved rate of production.
- Move, transfer and relocate inventory materials or supplies as directed by supervision.
- Set up and operate equipment related to preparation for and shipment of units and parts for all product lines.
- Set up and operate equipment related to receipt of shipments.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and advise supervision of anticipated requirements.
- Wash and paint pumps and components in accordance with existing guidelines.
- Stage and prepare all shipments and stock orders with accuracy.
- Maintain acceptable attendance record, acceptable overall work record, and purchase the required tools for the classification.
- Train operators with lesser experience as necessary.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions per established processes.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform light preventative maintenance and housekeeping duties for areas and equipment in assigned work center.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
- Perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the Supervision or Management.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of parts, parts handling and quality control requirements.
- Ability to work independently, exhibit the ability to solve problems without assistance and demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have proven mechanical, clerical and mathematical abilities necessary for safe equipment operation and accurate recording of data.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to standardized safety policies and operating practices.
- Knowledge of current MRP system.
- Knowledge of product structure and material pull systems.
- General Safety
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14000
- Applicable FOP’s
- Current Fork Truck certification
- Affected employee lock out tag out training
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses
- Steel toe shoes
- May require other PPE, such as gloves, goggles, shields, aprons, etc, while performing specific tasks
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- May require specialized training and demonstrated competency in MRP, and other related business software.
- Work performed in a non air conditioned shop environment.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- May work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Standing entire shift.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bending and stooping throughout shift.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment, such as hoist, position, pallet jacks, fork trucks, etc.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull materials and equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability adhere to quality standards and perform basic prescribed inspections using a variety of measurement gages and testing equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of basic mechanical principles, testing procedures, basic hydraulics.
- High School Diploma or GED, with above average mechanical ability.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow processes, procedures and policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with coworkers, supervision, and management.
- Must be able to meet physical demands, with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift
Job Order 22:49
Position requires Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.