Accounting Associate – Temp to Hire – Monday through Friday – Flexible – 6am-3p,/7am-4pm/8am-5pm – Offers excellent benefits
The Accounting Associate will assist with month-end reconciliations. This role will cross train in other areas of the administration department. In this role you will directly support and work with the various functions performed by the administration department including: freight billing, driver settlements (company and independent contractor), accounts payable, accounts receivable, independent contractor accounting and a variety of general accounting duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cash sheets for multiple companies as well as monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Responsible for financial statements
- Will assist and provide back-up for varied general accounting tasks as needed
- Will assist and provide back-up to the driver settlement department, both company and independent contractor
- Will assist and provide back-up to the accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks as required
- Will be responsible for the independent contractor accounting program
- Will be responsible for the quarterly newsletter
- Will work directly with drivers needing cash from reserve accounts
- Will assist and provide back-up to Benefits/HR
- Assist with driver related calls pertaining to fuel cards
- Work with fuel suppliers to deliver loads
- Calculate profit/loss statement for fuel sold through terminal
- Update fuel price changes
- Post daily fuel transactions, wire advances, and reconcile fuel statements
- Work directly with fuel vendors when issues arise
- Set up payment for direct-pay vendors
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to perform other duties and special projects as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Above average attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
- Impeccable follow through and commitment to quality service.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based programs (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel)
Job Order 32:2
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.