Housing Specialist – Temp to Hire – Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm – possible overtime/weekend
This managerial position reports to the Executive Director and contributes to the growth and viability as a innovative marketing specialist of the Public Housing, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, & Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax Credit affordable housing programs. This is a responsible position for clerical and record keeping work in certifying clients for housing eligibility, inspecting properties, completing and filing necessary reports, maintaining all program records and documentation and other managerial/secretarial duties as required.
The work involves independent performance and tactful explanation of policies and procedures to staff, applicants and residents. Work problems involving departure from established policy and procedure are reviewed by the Executive Director for a final decision.
- Supervise and provide timely updates and in-house training to all housing program staff.
- Manage all programs with professional skill and organization.
- Assist in all programs as needed by responding to and recording all inquiries to housing programs which may include but not be limited to phone calls, walk-ins, written correspondence.
- Oversee the application, resident selection, eligibility determination, unit selection, verification of income and expense allowances, rent calculation, and inspection processes for all programs.
- Audit and maintain all files in accordance with the various program guidelines and in an organized manner.
- Manage, maintain and explain procedures for all housing programs to landlords, customers and staff.
- Assist in the development and explanation of housing policies, procedures and required forms as needed.
- Document and produce monthly reports for all annual recertifications, Interim certifications, and inspections performed within the required time allowances.
- Work closely with the Accounting Department to monitor new rents, interim rent changes and pro-rated rents entered into the computer system for all programs, set up Repayment agreements, and move out costs assessed to tenants.
- Conduct Quality Control on the required Indicators for PHAS (Public Housing Assessment System) and SEMAP (Section 8 Management Assessment System) and maintain records/logs for monthly and annual reporting.
- Be willing to gain and maintain a good understanding of the Public Housing, Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax Credit program guidelines for administration of all program policies and procedures. Be willing to attend any training as may be required to carry out the responsibilities of the Housing Program Manager.
- Must read and refer to resource manuals provided to assist with understanding and interpreting regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must possess the skills to process all correspondence legibly and professionally. Must be able to create letters, notices, hearing reports, legal processing of evictions and lease violations, work orders, complaints and general correspondence in an accurate and professional manner and style.
- Must maintain compliance with all housing programs for electronic and manual reporting requirements. (Examples: Waitlist, Quality Control, 50058 submission, PHAS, SEMAP, Section 8 HAP utilization, Section 8 HAP payments, and Tax Credit Summary Report (formerly Exhibit D).
- Manage and maintain the unit vacancy turnaround time records for all programs working closely with maintenance and administrative departments.
- Manage, maintain and update the Rent Reasonableness records for Section 8.
- Be an administrative Team Leader for co-workers.
- Must possess good communication skills with the Executive Director, all management departments and housing staff.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication and positive public relations as a liaison with community resources by conducting landlord briefings, producing newsletter updates on regulatory changes, attending meetings to promote and improve the integrity of the housing programs for the betterment of community, housing recipients and housing staff.
- Maintain a department policy of confidentiality.
- Conduct Quality Control (QC) for all housing programs.
- Conduct QC Inspections for all housing programs.
- Lead and manage new programs as directed.
- Must be willing to accept assignment of new activities and goals as assigned by program regulation change or the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years work experience in housing management and/or a clerical position of equivalence.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, typing and math skills.
- A good working knowledge of office equipment and computer software is required.
- Willingness to be available after normal office hours.
- Possess or acquire an ability to work with individuals from varying ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Maintain an attitude of courtesy, respect and service for all clients and co-workers.
- Possess an ability to listen, be objective, adhere to established principles, show courtesy, compassion, initiative and good judgment.
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times with respect to both customers and housing authority staff.
- Possess the ability to adapt readily to changes made in the working environment and program regulations and requirements.
- This person must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Job Order 38:14
Position requires Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.