Diesel Mechanic – Temp to Hire – Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
This role will be responsible for providing a skill level of diesel pick-up trucks, semi and semi tractor-trailer preventative maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, battery services, and tire installations in a shop setting. May work independently or in a team environment. Candidate must have their own basic hand tools.
SUMMARY: Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records with guidance and some direction
- Perform inspection, diagnosis and repair of assigned vehicles and equipment with supervision and/or direction of level A and B Technicians.
- Conduct safety checks on trucks.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
- Contains costs by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Occasionally may perform service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and perform all work in accordance with established procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit/stand for most of his/her job duties.
There will be a great deal of standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties. Must be able to lift up to 105 lbs periodically including over the head lifting and reaching.
Minimum Required Skills:
- 2 year associates degree in diesel mechanics or extensive experience in forklift maintenance preferred or current student in a 2 year diesel mechanics program preferred. Willing to train internal candidates.
- Ability to lift up to 105 lbs periodically
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to understand, read and write in English.
- Computer skills to help order parts
- Ability to maintain good work attendance.
- Positive, self-motivated, can do attitude, and requires very little supervision.
- Diesel mechanic experience
- Forklift mechanical experience a plus, though not required.
- Experience working in manufacturing setting
- OSHA/Safety knowledge
Job Order 452:1
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.