Dietary Aide – Temp to Hire – Monday through Sunday 6:00am to 7:30pm – VERY flexible on days and hours
To assist in preparation, serving, and clean-up of food to residents/tenants, guests, and team members in accordance with our established company policies and procedures, standards, and guidelines; and current federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the campus and as directed by the supervisor by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Please note: This in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of certain duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate).
- Possess, maintain, and use a practical knowledge base regarding issues and regulations affecting the campus and the Culinary Services department as well as the individual residents/tenants.
- Perform all work assignments and/or work schedules as instructed by supervisor in accordance with established policies and procedures including, but not limited to Safety, Infection Control, Culinary Services, Personnel, Resident/Tenant Rights including confidentiality and grievances, Abuse and Neglect, and HIPAA. Ask for clarification as needed and report any concerns regarding standard of practice of other staff members immediately to their supervisor. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with food preparation. Preparing food according to planned menus, recipes, and within proper temperatures.
- Serving food including, but not limited to setting trays/tables with appropriate eating utensils, napkins, condiments, and menu items according to diet and portion size, and serving the trays to residents/tenants/nursing staff as assigned.
- Meal clean-up including, but not limited to collecting dirty dishes on cart and returning cart to kitchen, washing/cleaning/sanitizing dishes and work areas and machines and collecting and placing garbage/trash in designated containers.
- Storing food in appropriate, dated containers and for appropriate lengths of time, keeping storage areas neat and orderly.
- Monitoring inventory for additional needs and/or excess inventory.
- Ensure kitchen, dining, and working areas are clean and neat including by performing the assigned/scheduled cleaning schedules and/or sanitation checks as assigned.
- Monitor resident/tenants and report any problems, changes, or concerns to the Culinary Services Manager and/or Charge Nurse including dietary intake, physical, emotional, and cognition status.
- Report any concerns voiced by residents/tenants and their families immediately
- Document all entries accurately and completely as assigned such as cleaning schedules and/or meal intakes per campus policy.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Job Order 419-2
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.