In Home Care Givers – Temp to Hire – Full Time or Part Time- Monday-Sunday days, evenings, weekends and overnight shifts available.
The Caregiver (Home Care Worker) provides individualized care to elders, disabled, and others so that they may continue to live in their home and in the community and will support their family caregivers by providing needed in-home care (personal and domestic) and respite care services. Flexible attitude, punctual, and compassionate toward dependent adults, especially seniors, and their family caregivers are essential. Strong teamwork, organization skills, and experience with staff scheduling is also necessary. Home Care duties may include, but are not limited to; transportation, house cleaning, personal hygiene, meal preparation and other health and wellness related activities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Appreciable physical effort or strain. Moderately heavy lifting activity. May include lifting, pulling, constant stooping, bending, and walking. The Caregiver is required to be able to safely lift and move clients using proper transfer techniques. Each Home Care worker will be expected to be able to perform the following unless a reasonable accommodation may be made:
- General housekeeping; vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing floors, laundry, cleaning toilets; showers, bath tubs, countertops, mirrors, etc.
- Transport clients to appointments and activities
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Meal preparation
- Assist with clients with exercises and reminding them of their other medical plans
- Monitor blood pressure, weight, and/or medication reminders as required
- Manage any unanticipated events or unstable situations.
- Assist clients with transfers and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair
- Assist clients with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Assist clients with toileting. Including assisting a client to stand from a commode or toilet and/or use of a bedpan.
- Provide companionship and basic emotional or psychological support.
- Record Keeping/Clerical: Documents and reports any changes in clients’ physical or mental statuses or major changes in clients’ home environments to the home care program coordinators and director; comply with all the home care program’s policies and procedures; prepares time sheets, documents client notes, communicating via e-mail.
The Caregiver must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the essential functions of the job. The Home Care Worker must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Be flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Respect cultural differences
- Work independently with little supervision
- Work effectively as a member of a team
Job Order 449:1
Position requires Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
Applications for these positions are being accepted at Premier Staffing.